Mobile: 07930 858321
Home/Office Phone: 01943 465415
Languages Spoken: German, Basic Italian
Special Qualifications:Institute of Linguist German TEFL SLAM (German). Day Boat Sailing Qualification, Elementary Soccer Coaching Qualification
- Whitby and Yorkshire Coast – Coach and Walking
- Wharfedale and The Dales
- York & York MInster
- Historically Themed Walking and Coach Tours
- Rambling Tours light Grade to suit all ranges of mobility
Dudley Parker has experience in Tour Management and Tour Guiding spanning over 15 years. He has guided widely in Mainland Europe and The British Isles. He is a professional Tour Manager and an excellent communicator. Furthermore he has guided All Age Groups from North America and has experience of Sports and Performing Arts Tour Groups. In his Tour Management career he worked for two American companies.
Dudley is a Bachelor Of Education ( Honours ) University of Sheffield and has a distinction in Theory and practice of Education . He holds an Institute of Linguists Diploma in German ( Distinction ). He has qualifications in Teaching English as a Foreign Language and Second Language Acquisition Diploma in German. In his teaching career he was a Head Teacher of a Middle School ( deemed Secondary ) Based in the charming Market Town of Otley.
Yorkshire Independent Tour Guides offer
• Half, Full day and Overnight Tours
• Tours for Specialized Themes such as Industrial Archaeology, Transport, Theatre Literary as well as Historical and Geographical Areas.
• Individualised bespoke Tours for Birth Day , Anniversary , Interest Groups and other Celebrations.
Yorkshire Independent Tour Guides have extensive connections with other specially selected high quality partner firms providing executive chauffeuring, high class transport and a range of quality accommodation to suit a range of budgets on request.
Our specialities include:
1. Whitby and Yorkshire Coast – Coach and Walking: A breath of Fresh Air Visit Captain Cook Monument and The Whale Bones , Whitby Harbour The Old Town Arguments Yard tales of The Pressgang, Smuggling and Whaling Days not forgetting historic Whitby Abbey Fish n Chips in the Magpie Café, Hadleys or Trenchers Champion!
2. Wharfedale and The Dales Breath taking scenery by Coach with planned stops at idyllic villages and Market Towns. Purchase Wensleydale Cheese. It’s broad acres and big skies and we’ve a few sheep n’all not to mention dry stone walls and Abbeys and Lead Mining and Roman Roads to tekk yer home. Get thissen there!
3. Leeds – Walking Around Saxon Cross in The Minster , Corn Exchange , Mediaeval Streets Meet like Lovers under the Clock at Dysons Briggate, Whitelocks Pub, The Headrow ,The Town Hall, City Varieties and the Famous Market with Marks and Spencers Original Penny Bazaar (Dudley was a major contributor to the design of The Leeds City Trail and had work published in The Bulletin of Environmental Education)
4. York and York Minster. Mainly walking – A Feast of History, Walking Tours, visiting Churches, he Famous City Walls, The River Ouse (when not in flood!) Inns and Pubs, Squares and Mediaeval Streets as well as land mark attractions such as The Yorvik Viking Museum and The Merchant Adventurers Hall.
5. Historically Themed Walking and Coach Tours as well as Individual Site Visits to Stately Home, Museums and bespoke Combination visits on request – Battlefields, Castles, Markets.
6. Rambling Tours light Grade to suit all ranges of mobility showcasing Flora and Fauna, Geomorphology, Geology and Geography and owt that crops up en route!
So Welcome To Yorkshire. We’ll be delighted to show you round.